Dependable Erection

Saturday, July 15, 2006

What color is the sky on George Bush's planet?

I find this exchange, reported by Reuters, between Bush and Vladimir Putin, to be absolutely breathtaking in what it reveals about the bubble in which our President so obviously dwells.

"I talked about my desire to promote institutional change in parts of the world like Iraq, where there is a free press and free religion, and I told him that a lot of people in our country, you know, would hope that Russia would do the same thing," Bush said.

He quickly added: "I totally understand, however, that there will be a Russian-style democracy. I don't expect Russia to look like the United States. As Vladimir pointedly reminded me last night, 'We have a different history, different traditions."'

Putin pounced on the reference to Iraq. "We of course don't want to have a democracy like the one in Iraq, to be honest," he deadpanned, to laughter from Russian-speaking listeners.

Upon hearing the translation of Putin's remark, Bush interjected: "Just wait."


Just this morning, news reports that 30 Iraqi government officials, mostly from the Iraq Olympic organization, were kidnapped by armed men wearing "Iraqi army or police uniforms."

Free press?

Free religion?

Does the man have a clue what the situation is in Iraq?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home