Dependable Erection

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Should i join, or should i not join?

I came across this link for the North State blogroll earlier while browsing.

Rules for Membership:

1) You must be Born in, or now live in, or once lived in, or would like to live in, North Carolina

2) You must not be ashamed to admit to #1

3) When using the term Barbecue, it shall only refer to Pork Barbecue cooked in either the Eastern NC or Lexington Styles. This term shall never be used in reference to chicken, beef, other animals, grilling equipment, and under NO circumstances shall it be used as a term for a backyard cookout.

4) Must update your Blog once a month.

5) The North State Blogs shall never collectively take sides on any disputes between members about which is the best College Basketball team or Nascar Racer. (Individual members are encouraged to take their own stands on this view.)

5) All shall affirm that no other doughnuts can compare to those heavenly creations made hot and fresh at Krispy Kreme.

6) All Must be a fan of the Andy Griffith Show.

7) Must Place a link back to this page on your Blog. (Using the logo or Blogroll are entirely optional.)


Let's see.

1) Thirteen years.
2) It's obvious, isn't it?
3) I'll have to get back to you on that.
4) So far, so good.
5) No problem. There's no such thing as a best Nascar Racer anyway.
5) I can affirm that. But i don't care.
6) I know the words.
7) No problem.

So i guess that being able to count to 8 is a handicap? And i'm not sure what else you'd call what i do to a beef brisket besides barbecue.

What a dilemma.

2 Comments:

  • Well, there's always NC Blogs. They have sublistings for different regions, an aggregator, and no oaths to swear. :) But, just for the hell of it:

    1) Yes.

    2) Well, sometimes.

    3) I have an out here: I've been declared a Pope, and have Papal Infallibility on food matters. I can also adjudicate barbecue religious wars. So I think I get a pass here.

    4) Hadn't thought about it, but apparently I do.

    5) No problem.

    5/6) This is a crock of shit. Please see #3, above. :)

    6/7) I was just telling Covert the other day that I wish I had back every second of my life I spent watching The Andy Griffith Show. I don't know why I said that, but I really don't care. One day I'll probably feel the same way about blogging. ;)

    7/8) Yeah, everybody wants links. Whatever. I had the, um, privilege of getting mail to webmaster at duke dot edu back when the WWW was a bunch of static content and you couldn't buy jack. People would offer you some sort of "Three Steaming Piles of Dogshit" badge for you to put up because your site flipped their switch, or really because they wanted a bunch of links. It got old fast.

    By Blogger Joseph H. Vilas, at 2:40 PM  

  • Thanks for the NC Blogs heads up.

    By Blogger Barry, at 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home