Dependable Erection

Friday, June 22, 2007

They write letters (pt. 1)

From a letter to the editor by my friend Tony M. (reprinted with his permission)
. . . Nifong's out of a job and some of us sure would like to know what in blazes was he thinking when he suppressed the DNA lab results.

That said, I want to express my disappointment in the shrill language and ugly intent exhibited by people who hate Durham and have used this incident as their soap box. You outsiders from all over the country are not fooling anybody with your veiled racism towards this city, its law enforcement agencies and its inhabitants.

It was also interesting to see how the privileged classes in this country can pull their wagons together to take care of their own. Don't worry, folks -- you're on top and you have no problem staying there!


That, unfortunately, is the lesson learned from this sad affair.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • (okay, G/B is once again messing with my head on my name/password, so call me "anonymous")

    Some folks have asked me "Tony, what would it take for you to let go of this whole Duke LAX mess?"

    Oh brother, that answer is easy. Remember back when Beave and Wally would do something stupid, get caught, be told by Ward or June to do something to make up for it? That's not a bad way to handle misbehavior, is it?

    Well, then, after ALL THAT, the boys would say (usually The Beaver), "gee, Wally, we probably shouldn't a had that party after all. Look at the mess it made."

    That's all I want to hear. I don't need any idiotic apologies from over-priviledged white guys who get their books written for them. I just want some kids to admit that MAYBE, MAYBE they need to throttle back their "partying".

    Then I would shut the hell up. Because I would LOVE for all of us to MOVE ON.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35 PM  

  • Okay. Got my blogger identity back. The kids were fooling around with the computer.

    They've hired Joe Cheshire to present their side, so I guess I'm screwed. 8-)

    By Blogger Tony, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home