Dependable Erection

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Game On!

From the Herald-Sun:
City Councilman Thomas Stith has quit his day job in preparation for his all-but-announced bid to become Durham's next mayor.

Stith stepped down Friday as vice president of the John William Pope Civitas Institute, a Raleigh think tank that, according to IRS tax filings, tries to promote "conservative solutions for North Carolina's pressing issues."

The move came as Stith prepared for an event today at which he's expected to formally announce his bid to replace incumbent Mayor Bill Bell. He said it was clear he wasn't going to be able to "work full-time, campaign and serve full-time as mayor."


This is gonna be fun.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • I got a f$king prerecorded message call today from someone about Mr. Stith's candidacy. Maybe the call falls under some exception; if it does, I wish it didn't. I guess I'll go research the matter. Grrr.

    By Blogger Joseph H. Vilas, at 7:24 PM  

  • I guess the political exception is a blanket one. I hate the way the gummint always cuts itself slack -- like the way Congress usually writes exceptions for itself into the laws it passes. Grrr. Does that mean if I announce that I'm a candidate for President, that I can call everyone in the US?

    By Blogger Joseph H. Vilas, at 7:28 PM  

  • Details? Who was the call from? What did it say?

    Or are you saving that for your blog?

    By Blogger Barry, at 8:31 PM  

  • I hung up on it. It was purportedly from him announcing his candidacy or some such, but I hung up on it as soon as I figured out that it was a recording and I wasn't going to be able to tell anyone not to call me again.

    By Blogger Joseph H. Vilas, at 12:01 AM  

  • It was a recording from Stith himself. I got it too. Based solely on that, it's going to be an extremely hard sell to get me to vote for him as mayor. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot right off the bat.

    By Blogger Tanner Lovelace, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home