Dependable Erection

Monday, July 02, 2007

Mea culpa

Kevin reminds me that Saturday night marked Boston Herald sportswriter Steve Buckley's visit to Durham, to take in a Bulls game and other assorted "minor-league" entertainments.

Now, this is actually embarassing for me. See, back in March, when the brouhaha first started boiling over, i wrote: "Quite frankly, i don't really care what you do when you're in Durham. I'll be too busy enjoying myself."

And while i was too busy enjoying myself to check in on Steve over the weekend, the fact is, i went to Raleigh on Saturday night to do so.

The good news is i hung out with a bunch of other Durham bloggers, but there's no getting around the fact that we were in Wake County.

How will i ever live this down?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Uh, no visits to Wake or Orange county for a month? ;)

    By Blogger Joseph H. Vilas, at 5:47 PM  

  • While at said Wake thing, I saw several t-shirts with Durham affiliations (including at least two Durham Love Yourself getups).

    By Blogger Marsosudiro, at 8:06 PM  

  • Personally, I don't leave Durham County, N.C. any longer unless I'm dressed in an official Bull City Rising (tm) t-shirt.

    It's the only way to jet, man.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:31 PM  

  • an official Bull City Rising (tm) t-shirt.

    Where can i get one of those?

    By Blogger Barry, at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home