Dependable Erection

Friday, October 19, 2007

N&O: Duke gets exemption to water artificial playing field

From the N&O:
Durham, which has about 69 days left in its water supply at the current use rate, has banned all outdoor watering. Duke, which could not supply a number for the gallons used on turf watering, gets a business exemption to spray the field and other places on campus as long as overall consumption decreases by 30 percent.


I wonder who'll be checking up on that 30% reduction?

UPDATE: I should add, kudos to N&O reporter Ann Blythe, for braving the barely civilized wilds of East Campus and Broad St. to report on this issue. I myself have been scared away from that part of town.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • This made me so mad that I called up the mayor's office to complain. The secretary that took the call was very nice and told me that "Vickie Westbrook", who has been handling the water issues for the city was already on it and had set up a meeting with Duke to discuss it.

    At least they're doing something. Now to see if anything actually happens as a result.

    By Blogger Tanner Lovelace, at 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home