Dependable Erection

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Housekeeping

Things are getting a little busy around both the Dependable Ranch and the Dependable Worksite, especially in the runup to an anticipated mid-winter break in a couple of weeks, so posts may be a little less frequent for a while. Some of you may want to think about taking that extra time you're going to have on your hands from not commenting here so often and consider an anger management class or something.

There's a comment suggesting that name-calling between commenters is counter-productive. Maybe so. It doesn't bother me a bit, though, so have at it if you need that release. What does bother me in the comments is calling out third parties by name, when they are not public figures, and especially if they're not even involved in the discussion. No sir, i don't like that one bit.

If you are in the habit of stopping by on a regular basis, only to find that nothing new has been posted, you might want to think about subscribing to the RSS feed. That way you can check the feed in the reader to see if the blog has been updated. Some readers do a better job than others of keeping track of the updates, it seems. I'm interested in hearing from you how well your reader does. I'm pretty sure the comments have a separate feed. As far as i can tell, though, each posts comments require a separate subscription. Again, if that's wrong, let me know. Or if there's anything this blogger ignoramus needs to do to make that work better for you, leave a comment.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I really like Google Reader. You don't see the comments unless someone's provided a separate RSS feed for them, though. Most of the time I don't read comments unless the subject interests me, anyways.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:11 PM  

  • I use Google Reader also; but haven't found a way to subscribe to comments (which would also be nice for lots of the other blogs I watch...). But, then, the comments can be full of noise. :-) Another nuisance is that I often click through to interesting posts too quickly, before any comments show, then I'm back to Google Reader and it all slips from my mind. Maybe it's just as well.... :-)
    bj

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:30 PM  

  • Damn. From the title of your post, I thought you were going to make a resolution to do more vacuuming.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home