Dependable Erection

Monday, October 20, 2008

Fantasy league update

It's not the most important item on my plate this month, but here's a quickie update on my fanatasy soccer team, The Dependables.

Over at the EPL site, some injuries set my boys back a bit at the beginning of the month. I've climbed back up to about 40,000 out of 1.6 million players (top 3%) with a decent weekend, and i've still got two players active in today's Newcastle v Manchester City match. In our local bar league, i dropped out of first place earlier in the month, but i'm holding on to second. With a good day today, The Dependables could be back on top, but a poor showing and i could drop as low as third. A 0-0 draw today is my best outcome, as i've got defenders from both teams in my squad.

In the Guardian League, i'm up to 6700 out of about 85,000 players, or top 8%. I'm also 97th out of about 1000 self-identified US players. (In the EPL league, i come in at 850 out of 52,000 or so US players. That's top 1.6%) The good news there is that i finally had enough funds in the bank to pick up Wayne Rooney, who seems to be getting ready to go on a hot streak and score a couple of hat tricks in the coming weeks. In the EPL league, where transfers are limited to one per week, it's going to take a couple of weeks to maneuver my way into that position. Maybe Jermaine Defoe can get back to scoring a goal or two until then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home